1. Add Avesbot to Discord
Owners of a Discord server can add Avesbot with the button in the navigaton.
For players or the game master it is sufficient to open the Character Administration and authenticate with their Discord Account.
The authentication is processed at the Discord website and you will be directed back to Avesbot afterwards.
2. Character administration
The recommended way to edit your characters is to use the Character Administration on this website.
Characters can also be edited in Discord chat but some options are only available on this website.
The following commands are available to administer your characters:
- /character create name ruleset courage sagacity intuition charisma dexterity agility constitution strength
- /character delete name
- /character train skill attribute1 attribute2 attribute3 sr [type] [tradition]
- /character info [skill] [tradition]
- /character list
- /character choose name
/character create Creates a new character
This command creates a new character with the attribute values you pass to it.
- /character create Alrik Adventurer TDE4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
- /character create Reginleif Asleifsdottir TDE5 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11
This command deletes the character with the name you pass to the command.
- /character delete Alrik
- /character delete Reginleif Asleifsdottir
/character train Learn or improve an ability
The active character learns a new or improves an existing ability with the passed values.
- /character train Perception SGC INT INT 6 Learn/increase the talent Perception to a rating of 6
- /character train Banish Darkness COU SGC CHA 5 Liturgy Learn/increase the liturgical chant Banish Darkness to a rating of 5
- /character train Chains and Shackles SGC CHA STR 7 Spell Elf Learn/increase the spell Chains and Shackles in elvish tradition to a rating of 7
/character info Shows information about characters or their abilities
Shows the basic attributes of the active character or one of the abilities the character knows
- /character info Shows the basic attributes of the active character
- /character info Singing Shows the probe and the skill rating of the given ability
- /character info Unitatio Witch Shows the probe and skill rating of the spell Unitatio in witch tradition
/character list Shows a list of all characters
This command shows a list with all characters owned by the user.
/character choose Switch the active character
This command chooses the given character as the new active character and all subsequent commands will be executed for this character.
- /character choose Alrik Adventurer
3. Rolling dices
The following commands let you roll dices manually, use one of the character's abilities or create your own custom dices.
- /dice name areas+
- /roll dice dice
- /roll sum dice
- /roll attribute attribute [difficulty]
- /roll skill skill [difficulty] [coverage] [tradition]
- /roll trial attribute1 attribute2 attribute3 sr [spell] [difficulty]
/dice Create your own dices with named areas
- /dice Hitzones Head Chest Arm Belly Leg Creates/updates a new dice with the name Hitzones and 5 areas
- /dice Hexology Fire Water Ice Air Ore Humus Creates/updates a new dice named Hexology with 6 areas
- /dice Weather Sun Sun Clouds Rain Rain Thunderstorm Creates/updates a weather dice with different probabilities
/roll dice Execute simple dice rolls
- /roll dice 2D Rolls with two 6 sided dices
- /roll dice 4D20 Rolls with four 20sided dices
- /roll dice D5 Rolls with a single 5 sided dice
- /roll dice Hexology Roll with the Hexology dice
- /roll dice Hitzones Roll with the Hitzones dice
/roll sum Roll simple dices and sum up the result
- /roll sum 2D+2 Rolls with two 6 sided dices and adds 2
- /roll sum 4D20-5 Rolls with four 20 sided dices and subtracts 5
- /roll sum D5 Roll with a single 5 sided dice
/roll attribute Execute attribute trials for your character
- /roll attr COU Rolls a courage trial
- /roll attr SGC +2 Rolls a sagacity trial with a difficulty increased by 2
- /roll attr INT -1 Rolls an intuition trial with a difficulty decreased by 1
/roll skill Execute ability trials for your character
An ability (talent, spell or liturgy) trial is executed.
Additionally you can specifiy the difficulty and with spells the used specialization and tradition, if the spell is known in different traditions. You have to calculate the difficulty from spontaneous modifications by yourself, but they will be take into account automatically with a matching specialization, if specified.
- /roll skill Etiquette -3 Rolls a Etiquette trial with difficulty decreased by 3
- /roll skill Armatrutz +1 Rolls an Armatrutz trial with difficulty increased by 1
- /roll skill Ignifaxius Castingtime +3 Rolls an Ignifaxius trial with difficulty increased by 3 and use specialization for casting time
- /roll skill Balsam Elf Rolls a Balsam trial with elvish tradition
/roll trial Executes a custom ability trial
With this ability trial you can additionally specifiy if the trial is a spell to take (dis)advantages modifying the trial into account.
After the attributes for the trial you have to specify the skill rating and optionally declare if it is a spell or not (Y/N) and the difficulty.
- /roll trial COU INT CHA 6 N +2 Rolls for COU/INT/CHA as a talent with skill rating of 6 and difficulty increased by 2
- /roll trial DEX AGI STR 4 N -3 Rolls for DEX/AGI/STR as a talent with skill rating of 4 and difficulty decreased by 3
- /roll trial SGC INT CON 7 Y +2 Rolls for SGC/INT/CON as a spell with skill rating of 7 and difficulty increased by 2
/roll slip Executes a critical failure roll for battles
Executes the standard rolls after critical failures during battles.
- /roll slip No additional parameters needed.
4. Group commands
- /group create name
- /group join name
- /group leave name
- /group choose name
- /group attribute attribute [difficulty]
- /group skill attribute [difficulty] [tradition]
/group create Creates a new group
Creates a new group with the specified name. Players can join the group with their active character.
Usually this command will be used by the game master so he can execute rolls for the whole adventurer group, after the players joined..
- /group create Order of the theatre Creates the group Order of the theatre
- /group create 7 Messengers Creates the group 7 Messengers
/group join Join a group
A player joins the specified group on the Discord with his/her active character.
Usually this command will be used by the players.
- /group join Order of the theatre Join the group Order of the theatre with your active character
- /group join 7 Messengers Join the group 7 Messengers with your active character
/group leave Leave a group
A player leaves the specified group with his/her active character.
Usually this command will be used by the players.
- /group leave Order of the theatre Leave the group Order of the theatre with your active character
- /group leave 7 Messengers Leave the group 7 Messengers with your active character
/group choose Switch the active group
Switch between your available groups on the Discord.
Only the owner of a group can utilize the roll functions for the whole group!
- /group choose 7 Messengers Set the group 7 Messengers as the active group
- /group choose Theaterorden Set the group Order of the theatre as the active group
/group attribute Rolls an attribute trial for all group members
This command lets you execute an attribute trial for all group members of your active group.
Additionally you can specify the difficulty of the trial.
- /group attribute COU Executes a courage trial for all members
- /group attribute AGI +2 Executes an agility trial for all members with increased diffculty
- /group attribute STR -1 Executes a strength trial for all members with decreased difficulty
/group skill Rolls an ability trial for all group members
Lets you execute an ability (talents, spells, liturgies) trial for all members of your active group. Additionally you can specify the difficulty and the tradition if you roll for a spell.
- /group skill Perception Rolls a simple Perception trial
- /group skill Dancing +5 Rolls for a Dancing trial with increased/decreased difficulty
- /group skill Balm Rolls for a Balm trial in any tradition
- /group skill Ignifaxius Guild Mage Rolls for an Ignifaxius trial only in guild mage tradition
Avesbot needs read and write access to that channel!
5. Additional commands
- /settings language locale
- /settings hidestats hide
/settings language Set the localization of Avesbot
The localization will affect all responses send by avesbot. You can specify any locale in the form of language_REGION. Avesbot will use the best matching language automatically or defaults to english. You can also specify an unsupported locale, so you will automatically use the language when there is a translation added for your language in the future.
- /settings language de_DE Avesbot will use the german language
- /settings language en_US Avesbot will use english and prefers the american spelling if possible
/settings hidestats Shows or hides character stats in trials
This setting will hide or show the characters stats, so the other players can (not) see the strengths or weaknesses of the other charcters. Only the result of trials will be shown if this option is enabled. This setting applies to all channels of your Discord.
- /settings hidestats Y Hide the stats for all future trials
- /settings hidestats N Shows the stats for all future trials